The Disruption of Healthcare Communication
The healthcare industry is changing with incredible speed, and one of the major contributors to this change is the dramatic upsurge in healthcare communication brought on by social media. Not only has social media become a place where the public goes to seek health information, but by nature these social media channels allow for two-way public communication between patients, providers and other third parties, effectively creating the largest source of health discussions available globally today.
Unlocked Value in Analysis and Curation
This vast network of healthcare influencers, thought-leaders, patients, providers, organizations, and governmental entities daily create rich healthcare content, messages and signals that provide incredible value if it is segmented, analyzed and curated in a meaningful way to answer your unique questions and needs.
- 1,685,225,810 Healthcare Tweets
- 557,906,220 Healthcare Twitter Profiles
- 30,000 Provider Profiles (MD, RN etc.)
- Provider Influencers Linked to NPI Data
- 13,515 Predefined Topics
- 11,468 Health Communities
- Top CMS Drug Names Discussions
- 5+ Years of Trending History
- Real-time Everything
Unique Dataset Brings Unique Insight
Symplur is uniquely positioned globally to provide you answers from our big data healthcare relational database consisting of tens of millions of healthcare conversations taken place in social media globally. Our database has been built up over the last couple of years, providing the market with a unique set of comparative historic data.
Quantified Strategic Healthcare Consulting
With our multidisciplinary healthcare team (MD, PhD, NHA, MBA, etc.), we provide both the data and the know-how for performing complex problem solving in collaboration with our clients. Our tailored healthcare social media analytics is particularly interesting for clients in large healthcare networks, public health organizations, governmental agencies, communication agencies, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare researchers, and academia.
Leverage Healthcare Big Data in Your Strategies
The possibilities and the wealth of data available is enormous. Our main healthcare social media analytics database which currently consists of over four hundred million healthcare tweets, is growing exponentially from the ever greater firehose of healthcare communication online. These conversations are segmented across thousands of variables in our relational database.
Some Database Variables:
- Healthcare Topics
- Location (NPI data and Twitter data)
- Professions (MD, RN, RD, etc.)
- U.S. Physicians and other providers linked to NPI Database
- U.S. Hospitals
- Clustering, Hierarchy, Connectedness and Centrality
Related Resources on Healthcare Social Media Analytics:
- The Rise of Patient Communities on Twitter – Twitter Visualized
- The Dynamics of a Twitter Patient Community – Network Centrality Analysis
- The Flattening of Healthcare: Breaking Down Barriers in Healthcare Social Media
- The Healthcare Hashtag Project
- Disease Hashtags on Twitter
- Social Media Analytics for Healthcare
- HIMSS12 Sets World Record for Healthcare Conferences
- How valuable is a social media presence for a Healthcare Conference?
- Can We Measure The Quality of a Healthcare Conference Twitter Stream?
From being a pioneer in healthcare social media analytics, we’ve already collaborated with a large plethora of healthcare organizations from academic institutions, researchers, writers, public health institutions, hospitals and medical groups.
To learn more about how your organization can take advantage of Symplur Signals, please drop us a line.